Mauritius offers up great diversity with stunning locations and a solid infrastructure.
The Mauritius Board of Investment has a fantastic rebate for all forms of filming. Eligible for rebate are Features, Commercial, Series or even Stills production.
Rebate can be as high as 40% pending project.
Mauritius also offers a studio with 2 sound stages, crew and supplier infastructure.
From the capital city Port Louis to the turquoise waters and beaches. Modern and old mix harmonously and with great depth and good light.
Mauritius has a lot to offer for a small island country.
We at HAPPY CAT FILMS can manage the rebate for you as well as service all your needs in this gorgeous film location.
In its endeavor to develop new sectors of activity within the creative arts industry, the Government of Mauritius, through the Board of Investment has introduced the Film Rebate Scheme.
The scheme allows 30 – 40 per cent refund on all the Qualifying Production Expenditures (QPPE) incurred by a film producer in respect of his/her project in Mauritius.
Beside feature Film, The Film Rebate Scheme applies to other category of production such as commercials, TV serials/programs and documentary programs.
PART I – ITEMS OF EXPENDITURE INCLUDED IN QUALIFYING PRODUCTION
- Accommodation in Mauritius
- Animal services
- Audio rentals
- Craft services
- Diving services
- Dubbing activity after release by copyright holder
- Electricity and utilities
- Ground transport and facility vehicle services
- Insurance and accounting services
- Labour costs
- Laundry and cleaning services
- Location fees
- Per diems
- Post production services (picture and sound)
- Production service company fees
- Remuneration for cast and crew
- Rental of camera and lighting equipment
- Rental of marine vehicles
- Rental of mobile structures
- Rental of offices, office furniture and equipment
- Rental of helicopters and aeroplanes
- Rental of studio facilities, warehouse and storage facilities and workshops
- Rental or purchase of props
- Rental of water tanks and related marine services
- Repairs and restorations
- Security services
- Set dressing
- Special effects services
- Stunt services
- Travel to Mauritius (flight and marine travel)
- Visual effects services
- Wardrobe rentals
PART II – ITEMS OF EXPENDITURE NOT INCLUDED IN QUALIFYING PRODUCTION
- Cost associated with distribution or promotion of a film
- Cost arising at post-distribution or broadcasting level
- Legal or consultancy fees
- Any payment made to any local company where services are subcontracted outside Mauritius
- Cast tips, gifts, and entertainment allowance
- Cost of organising or providing pre-sales monies
- Costs of acquiring rights other than those necessary for the production of a film
- Costs of financing
- Crew deferments
- Profit participations and residuals
- Costs of acquiring depreciating assets
Please contact our HAPPY CAT FILMS MAURITIUS office for further details – email@example.com